July 29, 2006

Party

I'm planning a party for my birthday. I was going to go with a dress-up theme. Since girls love an occasion to dress up, but then I thought about all the husbands and whatnot who'd come and guys don't like to dress up. Especially when it's hot out. So I opted for a Hawaiian luau theme. Lauau. Luau. That word just doesn't look right. Anyway, it's supposed to be a feast, so I was looking into caterers only to be appalled by the prices. I'd have to spend 300-400 dollars on food. I'm trying to figure out if I make everything myself, would it end up being the same price anyway? If I cater, I save myself some headache. I can't decide and I think I'll end up making everything myself and having some people bring stuff. I already spent 200 some dollars on novelties like grass skirts and leis. :) Gotta love that Oriental Trading Company. Still sending the same old stuff. I think this is where dollar stores get their stuff. You can buy it in bulk. I remember as a teenager, buying a bunch of stuff like pencils and keyrings from Oriental Trading Company. I was going to sell it to make money. I don't think I sold even one pencil. I ended up giving them away. And I think I still have some of the pencils.
So far I have about 33 people coming. There's about 10-15 people who haven't RSVP'd yet or dont' have email so I have to give them a physical invite. I sent out my invite using www.evite.com. Very nice cuz everyone can see who is coming when they RSVP. And I can see who viewed the invite and when. Very clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment