March 31, 2007

interesting year

It's been an interesting year for my family. My grandfather (Dad's dad) died in February. My dad's aunt died shortly after that. Today was the memorial service for my Uncle Noel (my mom's brother). My Uncle Noel found out he had cancer in December/January. Most of his liver was removed in January but he never got strong enough to start chemotherapy. The cancer spread and other infections. He passed away last Wednesday. The memorial service was very sweet.
I was a little worried about the kids going to the funeral/viewing/memorial service and just approaching the subject of death. A few days ago, for example, Asia told me she didn't want me to die... ever. I tried to explain to her that everyone dies. She said she would be very sad if I died. She said she'd rather die. But then I told her that would make me very sad. So we agreed that we both wanted to live forever.
Asia also asked me another difficult question this week. She asked me if God was bigger than Jesus. Tough question eh? I tried to explain a little about Jesus coming to the earth as God's Son and then returning back to be with God when He died. And then tried to say that they were now the same and then quickly changed the subject. I wasn't ready to try and explain this subject to a four year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment