November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

The mornings usually start with Asia coming into our room, climbing over me and plopping herself down on my pillow with her pink blankie. Then she'll rub her eyes and say, "Mom, I want to watch TV." I'll scooch over because she's practically laying on me and because most of the time, she prefers to lay on the covers instead of under the covers. I predict this every morning, so once she gets into bed or onto the bed, that is, I'll hold on tight to my side of the covers as she preceds to kick herself out of the covers, if she ever got in them. Once the TV is on, within 15 minutes, Zach's up and in our bed. The next few minutes depends on whether Asia is in a good mood or bad mood. If she's in a good mood, then she'll let Zach lay in between her and John. If she's in a bad mood, she'll complain that he's squishing her or that he's got all the covers or that she wanted to be next to dad or that his leg is touching her or anything related to his existence. At that point of time, I have to get out of the bed since I'm going to fall out anyway. This gives Asia room to move over and take my spot and give her brother some peace.

This Thanksgiving for some reason, the kids are all excited. Yesterday, both kids kept asking if it was Thanksgiving. Then this morning, Asia asked if it was Thanksgiving and when she found it was, she was really happy. Zach came in to our room this morning with a big smile on his face and said, "It's Thanksgiving! And then it'll be my birthday!"

Another funny thing that happened this morning. Asia is recovering from a cold so her nose is a little stuffy. She announced, "I have a booger." I hurriedly gave her a tissue so she could put her treasure in there. She then said, "I'm going to put it in here to save for later. Then I'm going to put it back in my nose." At breakfast time, Zach asked Asia if she put that booger back in her nose. Hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment