November 25, 2008

zach snack

So ask me what I did with my evening? In honor of Zach's birthday tomorrow and a short day of school due to the Thanksgiving holiday, I made buckeyes - chocolate-covered peanut-butter balls - for Zach to bring to school to share with his second-grade class. Yes, I know. I pity the kid who's allergic to both chocolate and nuts. Get that kid a celery stick. And yes, I also know that I'm loading up these kids with sugar. But I figure, it's a short day! The parents get their kids for the rest of the day. The teachers won't have to deal with the sugar-high and then the subsequent sugar crash. Hey, I'm just not one of those mom's who brings healthy snacks to school. The healthiest I might get would be Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips or maybe those ones that say something about multi-grain. You won't see me supplying carrot sticks and ants on a log cream-cheese laden celery sticks. I know what kids want - sugar and peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment