February 12, 2008

Another scare

I think kids are sometimes created just to freak the heck out of the parents. Keep the parents on edge. Make them paranoid. When you don't have to worry that much about someone else, your life is so much calmer. Then all of a sudden, you give birth to these little beings and you have to nurture them, feed them, clothe them, and make sure they grow up to be good people. That's a lot of pressure. Egads! So to add to my paranoia on whether my kids will grow up to be outstanding citizens, Asia adds this little piece of kindling to the fire.

Apparently, she was standing on a chair trying to get something and fell off the chair, possibly hitting her stomach on the chair. I was in the kitchen and just heard this groan. I knew she was really hurt with that kind of groan. So I ran over to her in the dining room and she's bowled over, holding her stomach, still groaning. I asked her what was wrong and she said she hit her stomache. Then she kind of went into a trance. I picked her up and she stayed in her bowled over position, like she was frozen. So I sorta straightened her out, patting her on the back, and calling her name to wake her up. She wasn't asleep, just in shock. I called her name and turned her head to look at me and her eyes was open but not really seeing. Then I called her name again, and she finally responded, "What?" I told her that she hadn't been answering me. She just had this scared look on her face, like "What are you talking about Mom?" Boy did that give me the shivers.

Anyway, she was fine after that. Just a little shaken up. She ate some spaghetti then lied down for a little bit and then she was off to play at her friend Lydia's since today is a snow day so no school. Just to re-assure myself, I called the doctor and he said that most likely she scared herself and should be fine. If she starts to vomit or complain about pain, then I can take her to the ER. So is he saying my daughter's a wimp? She can't take the pain? Ha. Anyway, the paranoia sets in when you think... what if she does this at school or anywhere where I'm not there? That's a mom's paranoia. What if something happens to your child when you're not there to save them...

Enough paranoia for today. I'm going to get some coffee or maybe chocolate. That'd be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment