February 02, 2008

Glasses for Z.N.

Zach has glasses now. I think his prescription is something like -1. Yes, nearsighted. Just like his mom and dad. Just like my parents. I'm not sure if nearsightedness is hereditary or not. My mom said her mom had 20/20. But then there's the theory about reading at night without adequate light - straining your eyes and thus making you nearsighted. Who knows. Zach even eats lots of carrots, which are supposed to be good for your eyes. But to no avail.
The good thing is, he looks good in his glasses. They're these cute dark blue plastic glasses. We actually got 3 pairs for him. One from the eye doctor, the other two from a web site that sells glasses starting at 9 dollars or so. Add on shipping, and other things like anti-glare, and still your glasses only cost 20-40 dollars. Pretty good. Especially for kids. And here's why.
Zach's always losing his glasses. Since he's not used to wearing them all the time, he'll take them off and place them where-ever. Including the floor. Well, yesterday, he left them on my bed. I didn't know this, though. I thought he was wearing them when he went to school. Later in the evening, I notice him wearing another pair and found out that he didn't know where his blue glasses were. Turns out that Jersey had made a chew toy out of them. They were under my bed. One of the glass panes was gone. Still haven't found it yet. And the frame was cracked. Jersey had a good time with those glasses. Nevertheless, I made Zach pay for 1/2 of the cost so that we could buy him another pair just like those cute blue ones. Good thing it only cost him 12 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment