July 16, 2004

I want the Bob

Asia's vocabulary is increasing by leaps and bounds.  Her first true sentence was "I want the Bob."  As in, I want Bob the Builder.  She loves Bob the Builder. Gee, can you guess that she has an older brother who's also crazy about Bob the Builder.  Asia knows all the characters, Muck, Scoo, Dizzy, Nenny, Lofty, Meaow (for Pilchard), Scufty, Spud., Ots (for Mrs. Potts), Eval (Mrs. Percival). Not sure she can say Travis.  Today, she came up to me and said, "Wet." She kept lifting up her leg and saying, "Wet."  I didn't she knew the word wet so I kinda ignored her.  But then I realized that her pants leg was wet because her juice cup leaked on her.  Wow!   Another thing she says that is really cute is: "mon."  She'll take your hand and pull you and say, "Mon."  Meaning, "Come on."  She draws it out to if you're resistant in getting off the nice couch to follow her, "Moooonnnn."

So Asia doesn't like her crib now. She hasn't slept in it willfully ever since her last doctor's appointment.  I've put her in it after she falls asleep on the bed in her room. Or if she falls asleep in my arms.  If you put her in her crib while she's awake, she'll scream and cry til she throws up. She used to have such a great sleeping habit. Give her a bottle and put her in her crib at around 8 PM. She'd finish her bottle, roll around, maybe play a bit, but she'd fall asleep on her own. I wouldn't have to be in her room or anything. Then on the day of her last doctor's appointment, I had to wake her from her nap to go to the clinic. She didn't really know where we were going and was just happy to be with me instead of her babysitter. Then at the doctor's appointment, she got a shot in each leg and also had blood drawn from her finger. She was truly miserable. She actually started crying as soon as the nurse came in and tried to weigh her.  So  she didn't get weighed or much of anything at that doctor's appointment. And ever since then, no sleeping in the crib if she could help it. Maybe it's coincidence.. or maybe not.



No comments:

Post a Comment