July 09, 2004

The official beginning

Whoah.... Zach and Asia's life is now being officially documented. Though this is free, so is it official? Most of Zach's first year of life was written down on a baby calendar. You know, the kind you get as a baby shower gift for your firstborn. The second child, Asia, didn't get a baby shower. Some childless friends of mine asked about that. Why it's the norm. My usual answer is, because during the first baby shower, you get most of your big purchases that can also be used by the second child - crib, baby bathtub, swing, stuff like that.
(I'm writing this right now from a hotel in Hoffman Estates. Zach is watching Mr. Rogers, a show I never really liked when I was a kid. But it has Zach happy and dancing.)
Anyway, another part of my answer to the baby shower question is that, imagine if a mom had seven kids - that's 7 baby showers. I think eventually the mom's friends are going to be like, "ANOTHER baby shower?"
So I decided to document most of Asia's firsts on a blog. See original blog. It's got some cute pictures, but it's not really a blog that you post to. Thus the need for a real blog web site. Tada!
A little bit about two of my joys in life.. my kids. Joys, despairs, anxieties. If you're not someone who's very emotional at first, have some kids. You get emotions, emotion swings, hormonal surges.. all that from conception til... eternity. :)
So first you have Zachary Taflin Neill. 3 1/2 yrs old. Born 11/26/2000. Spaz, non-stop talking. That's my boy. Eats mostly peanut butter sandwiches - no crust. Eats most meat if you tell him it's chicken. Drinks like crazy - milk, juice, chocolate (Pediasure). He could go through the day just drinking and not eating if his silly parents would only leave him alone and stop trying to get him to eat other things ("Hey Zach, want to try some fish? Like Nemo.. oh.. umm.. it's chicken, really it is!" or something like this, "Look, Zach! Little white trees! Wouldn't you like to try some little white trees?" The answer being, "No, you can have them, Mom.")
K. Now Asia Bria Neill. 17 months. Born 1/18/2002. Yes, one boy and one girl. Perfect. And I try not to do favorites, but it's tough. John (dad,husband,trashguy,diaper champ emptier) loves to take Zach to baseball games (White Sox! White Sox!), the zoo, parks, swimming. It's hard to do too much right now with a 17month old little girl. So I stay at home with her when I'm off work. Asia loves books, stuffed animals. She loves playing with her brother, til he gets too rough and makes her cry.

Okay. enough for today. Zach's jumping on my chair and wants to see Bob the Builder on the computer. Nickjr.com is awesome! Along with noggin.com. Interactive games, stories, coloring pages. He's just bonked me on the head with his chin. So his patience has reached his limit and my head can only take so much pounding, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment