October 21, 2007

School Update

Zach creamed me in Monopoly today. We have the British version that my brother bought for me when he was in England during a college semester. So you have stuff like Pall Mall, Coventry Street, Park Lane, Water Works, etc. Anyway, I thought Zach was going to lose because he kept mortgaging his properties so that he could buy houses on his group of yellow properties. He eventually got hotels on each one of them. If we had ended the game before my last turn, I would have won. But I let it go a little longer since we were having fun. And on my last turn, I landed on one of his properties and had to pay Zach 1150 dollars (pounds, actually). I didn't have that much and I had to end the game to get ready for my band concert, so the little boy won. The last time I played him, he also won - by like 10 dollars. Anyway, while Zach and I were playing Monopoly today, Asia, who's the banker, was sitting next to me drawing. Then she said, "I wish there was school today." So I told her that she would have school tomorrow (Monday). So she perked up and said, "YEAH!" Now isn't that great? She wants to be in school on Sunday! Or is that saying she's bored at home... Hmmm...
Zach seems to enjoy school too. Though I guess he got bullied once last week, and he didn't even know it. John intervened. The kid's a little naive still where he doesn't realize that other kids he doesn't really know can be mean for no reason. But anyway, he's getting more advanced reading projects since the normal reading homework is way too easy. His math homework is also pretty easy, but he can be a bit sloppy with it. I'm just glad his teacher recognized his level and assigned more advanced homework. Cub scouts is supposed to start up. John's going to sign Zach up tomorrow. So he'll have soccer (that's over this month), basketball starts up first week of December, Cub Scouts, and this art class that's once a week and only for 12 sessions. Zach said that in February, he wants to start piano lessons. At least he said it, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment