October 21, 2007

Toys 4 sale


Asia has been in this groove where she wants to sell her old toys. But she has this funny concept that if she sets up a box of toys and a sign and sit on the sidewalk, that people are going to stop and buy them from her. I think this is all from watching an episode of Max & Ruby where Ruby was having a yard sale and sold off some of her old toys. It was fun to watch Zach and Asia get this big box all decorated with a sign saying 1 Dollar and a picture of money on it. But then when they dragged the box and toys out to the driveway and then sat behind the box shouting "Toys For Sale!" I felt kind of bad. Who's going to buy any of those toys?

John and I eventually did go out there and "buy" some of the toys. I especially wanted to buy back the ones that I bought in Florida from Disney World. They weren't cheap.

Asia wanted to do the same thing again today, but instead of the driveway, she wanted to set up her box of toys in the front by the busy street. Luckily she listens to me because I told her that she couldn't. I told her that if she's going to just pretend that she's selling toys, that she could do it on the front porch. She told me she didn't want to pretend, she really wanted to sell her toys. I tried to explain that no one was going to stop their car to buy her toys, that it was more of something to do in the summer and when Mom and Dad are also selling things. She still couldn't get it. Luckily she was easily distracted again when I let her pick some flowers from my garden so that she could be a hula girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment