October 14, 2007

birthdays

Today Asia and I celebrated everyone's birthdays. Everyone and anyone in the world. We just needed an excuse to put candles on a cake and blow them out. Nevermind the initial reason for even making the cake was to surprise Zach and John after they came back from a sleepover at the Zoo. When you have a cake, to Asia, that means a birthday and candles. That shows you how often we have cake in our house. Pie, cupcakes, cookies, candy - those are another story. I forgot though that Zach and Asia really don't like cake. What they like is the frosting. I didn't feel like making frosting from scratch. I ended up just drizzling some Hershey's syrup over Asia and Zach's servings. Asia usually ends up leaving half of her piece of cake uneaten whenever she has any. The frosted top is just eaten off. Zach is pretty good at finishing his desserts. It's not like he never has sweets, but if you were to watch him eat dessert, you'd think he has it once a year. He practically licks the bowl clean and for some reason, desserts always leave a ring around his mouth. I'll have to watch him one day to see why that happens. I think it's probably because he's licking all of whatever it is from his lips. He has to have every last drop. Silly kid. Asia, on the other hand, when she's had enough, she'll stop. She doesn't take sweets that well it seems. She'll complain of stomach aches. Sometimes that won't stop her, but every now and then I can use it as a warning. "You don't want to eat too much of that. Remember it will give you a tummy ache." Or I might say, "We can't eat too much chocolate. It gives you funny poop." And it's so true too. Chocolate is a laxative, let's not forget that. I'm off on a tangent, but we'll stop here. The new subject isn't too appetizing.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day to celebrate everyone's bday.. I was doing the same since it was actually my bday...lol
    great posts! :)

    ReplyDelete