July 18, 2009

Paris day 4

Today was a less eventful day, mainly because I got some bad Chinese food or something and had to stay in bed and near a bathroom for a few hours. Not the puking sort, but just as worse. Or maybe it was something else since John ate the same thing as I did but less quantities. Anyway you never know what it is. But I was fine by dinner time and we went to place called something like Les Enfants de la Sud. It was a nice locale place and the waiter was really nice and spoke English. We had an appetizer of terrine - like a pate loaf. Really good here and something I think I'm going to have more often. Then we ordered three main entrees - St. Jacques scallops with noodles (looked home-made), steak with fries for Zach, and lamb chops with scalloped potatoes. Zach ended up liking the lamb more than the steak. The steak had this great crust of sea salt (fleur de sel) on the top. The scallops were delicious. Another great meal.
The kids kept themselves busy this evening by rearranging all the furniture to make it into a store. Then they played with model clay for a bit and also did some Sudoku puzzles. I'm reading "Girl, Interrupted" as well as a collaboration of short stories written by former Peace Corp members - a book I picked up in a thrift store in Goshen.